Reporting to: Floor Supervisor
Please apply in writing with your CV to: email@example.com
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assisting customers with purchases, advising on products and completing till transactions.
- Maintaining stock levels and displays to required standards.
- Efficient service of food and drink orders and taking payments.
- Cleaning and care of relevant equipment.
- Demonstrating exemplary standards of customer service and care.
The role includes:
- Greeting customers who enter the store and café.
- Stock control, rotation and management.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Managing queues and meeting customer expectations, upselling and promoting to increase sales and reduce waste.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the Supervisor/Manager.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers. Understanding the store’s values and the nature of the menu, in order to provide helpful and accurate advice.
- Making hot and cold drinks, plating up/assembling food and delivering orders to the tables.
- Keeping the store and cafe tidy and clean including clearing of tables, sweeping, dusting, clearing up spillages.
- Handling customer complaints in the first instance.
- Pricing products and checking pricing accuracy.
- Being aware of security within the store (product and cash) and vigilant for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of stock in a timely fashion.
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and creating displays.
- Ensuring compliance with all H&S, licensing, food hygiene and other relevant legislation, asking supervisors or managers for guidance if necessary.
Skills required for the job:
- A friendly and engaging personality, good communication skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Comfortable and confident working with members of the public.
- Willingness to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, the ability to multitask and work as part of a team.
- Trained barista or previous catering experience.
- Food hygiene certification preferable,
- Physical fitness, with the ability to stand for most of the day and to lift large amounts of stock, carry trays and crockery.
- A comprehensive understanding of the products and a keen interest in local food and drink.
- Knowledge of till operation and cash handling.
- Smart appearance.