Senior Sous Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef
Key areas of responsibility:
- A professional chef who can produce menu and food items to meet the standards of the Head Chef with the aim of delighting and surprising our customers, on time and in the quantities needed.
- Maintain and go above the established standards of food hygiene, cleaning and food handling which meet current standards of legislation and compliance.
The role includes:
- Following the guidance of the Head Chef in the preparation and presentation of all menu dishes and other products made within the kitchen.
- Optimising the cooking processes with attention to speed, quality and delivery.
- Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards and maintaining impeccable quality standards within the kitchen and service areas at all times, including overseeing a weekly deep cleaning schedule.
- Being part of a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation, communication, training & mentoring within the kitchen and service areas and with the store team as a whole.
- Appreciation of the importance of achieving agreed gross margin, the pricing of dishes, from order to execution.
- Meeting budgets and agreed targets.
- Compliance with all legislation and store operating guidelines.
- Proven experience and responsibility in a busy, fast paced kitchen.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices and understanding of trends and new styles.
- Attention to detail and high standards of presentation, creative flair and imagination.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to continually improve; cheerful, reliable and articulate.
- Food Hygiene qualifications and professional cooking qualification.
Salary: depending on experience.
Please apply in the first instance with your CV to: email@example.com