SAVE THE DATE
22, 23, 24 September 2017
We are pleased to announce that the Great Cornish Food Festival is back again, in its fourteenth year, making it one of the longest running food festivals in the county purely dedicated to celebrating Cornish produce.
Ten great reasons to visit this year;
- The place for quality produce, representing the very best in Cornish food and drink
- A great way of meeting local producers, getting hints and tips straight from maker
- Located in the heart of the historic city of Truro, Cornwall’s beating heart, filling Lemon Quay with an all-weather grand marquee
- Free to visit over 3 jam-packed days of demos, tastings and shopping
- The very best of Cornwall’s chefs on stage, demonstrating their culinary skills and providing new ideas, skills and inspiration for every food lover
- Expect the full range of flavours from over 60 stalls. Experience butchers, bakers, breweries and gin-makers to cheese, ice-cream and eggs and so much more
- Sizzling street food from pizza to paella to pasties
- Easy access on one level, ideal for buggies and wheelchairs
- Great transport links via the new Park & Ride schemes at Tregurra and Langarth Park. Alternatively just a 10 minute walk from Truro train station, catch a bus straight to the centre of the action, enjoy a relaxing ferry ride from Falmouth or St Mawes or take the bike
- An opportunity to catch up with old friends, create new food memories and have fun
We can also announce that celebrated seafood, Michelin-starred chef Nathan Outlaw, local hero and now writer of four great cookbooks, will be officially opening the Festival on the Friday 22 September at 10am. He will be demonstrating on the main theatre stage with seating and standing space for over 100 people. In addition, the stage has two large TV screens, so every bit of the culinary action is caught on camera. Chefs confirmed so far: Jack Stein, Stephane Delourme (Seafood Restaurant), Tom Hunter (The Scarlet), Adam Banks (Fifteen Cornwall), Guy Owen (Idle Rocks), Keith Brooksbank (Penventon), Zack Hawke (The Mariners) and Phil & Christine Jensen (Peboryon).