Reporting to: Head Chef
Key areas of responsibility:
- A professional chef who can produce menu and food items to meet the standards of the Head Chef which will delight and surprise our customers, on time and in the quantities needed.
- Maintain the established standards of food hygiene, cleaning and food handling which meet current standards of legislation and compliance.
- Ensure profitability of the food operations within the store.
The role includes:
- Preparing menus in collaboration with the Head Chef.
- Ensuring adequacy of supplies for café service and deli counter.
- Preparation of all ingredients as they are required.
- Following the guidance of the Head Chef in the preparation and presentation of all menu dishes and other products made within the kitchen.
- Optimising the cooking processes with attention to speed, quality and delivery.
- Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards and maintaining impeccable quality standards within the kitchen and service areas at all times.
- Helping to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation between all other staff, kitchen and service areas and the store team as a whole.
- Assisting in training, supervising and mentoring other kitchen staff.
- Understanding of cost controls, waste management and appreciation of the importance of achieving agreed gross margin.
- Compliance with all legislation and store operating guidelines.
- Managing the kitchen operation in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Proven experience and responsibility in a Commis Chef role in a busy, fast paced business.
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices and understanding of trends and new styles.
- Attention to detail and high standards of presentation, creative flair and imagination.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to continually improve; cheerful, reliable and articulate.
- Food Hygiene qualifications and professional cooking diploma.
Please apply via email with your latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be requested